BLUE KOLKATA


The city of Kolkata which is getting painted in blue as often as once in every fortnight to maybe camouflage how  womanhood is getting devoid of admiring the natural sky color in their lives and portraying a “dented and painted” picture of the more inclusive black emulsion in the novel azure. Noted as one of the safest cities around the world which mainly concerned food lovers, poetry devotee and folklore who would indignantly accept change but still never raise a finger has sadly become a sadistic landscape.

I ,as a woman ,loved this aristocratic conurbation where I could deck myself in any fashion and people wouldn’t care, maybe they would talk behind my back, ogle me but now I am scared. I loved the times when traveling via public transit was an uninhibited matter even at late nights when guardians wouldn’t worry about their wards taking a 9’0 clock bus back home but now I am scared. I am scared to walk in crowded lanes, I am scared to walk through empty streets, now I am even scared to cross a road in the broad daylight. This city has become haunted by the perfidious glares, the uncouthly gestures and foul –mouthed perverts. You never know when a hand might emerge to seize you, and render you absolutely powerless. A constant terror lurks as soon as any woman steps out of their house.
Religion and politics have jaded the minds to such an extent that a  new weaponry of attacking the weaker gender is the new trend ,on the rise. Sadly we talk about woman empowerment and feminism with no cure to rape. The basic woman rights  is on the verge of annihilation and we talk about woman entrepreneurs. I am scared today, I detest the shadow of  panic around me, I have apprehensions when a male sits beside me on a bus, I dread the consequence of walking in an empty street, I loathe the newspaper everyday carrying news of molestation in my city but I don’t want our daughters to even anticipate this FEAR. I want them to have the same clear sky as our mothers had. Isn’t this possible?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Calling.....with love from the "unknown"

THE BLACK DRESS